CHEESY KETO GARLIC BREAD
Over here, garlic bread is an old-time family favorite. It’s the perfect starter and goes so well with salads, soups, or low carb pasta. But it’s also great as a meal by itself when you are missing the good old garlic bread that you (I) used to order on those lazy weekends where no one (I) could be bothered to cook
You can make several fathead dough pizza crusts in advance and then freeze them till your ready to re-bake them for that lazy weekend feeling. That’s what I do anyway.
This Garlic bread is grain and gluten-free. The recipe is also yeast-free which means the recipe is super quick as we don’t need to wait for the dough to prove. I’ve written a blog post on the basic fathead dough recipe, that I use. If you need some step by step instructions and tips on how to work with this dough head over there. I like to roll out the dough thin and then bake it till crisp, before adding my toppings.
TIPS ON MAKING KETO GARLIC BREAD
For fathead dough, I like to grate my own mozzarella, to reduce the carb count of the recipe, as already grated mozzarella is covered in starch to prevent it from sticking together. I mostly use a block of 250g mozzarella and grate it by hand. You can grate larger amounts of mozzarella at once, measure 250g portions and freeze the cheese in freezer bags.
You can use a flavored cream cheese like garlic and herbs, instead of plain cream cheese. This will enhance the flavor of the garlic bread.
I use organic extra fine almond flour for this recipe. This flour is a lot finer then regular almond flour, it also is defatted. That means some of the almond oil has been removed in the refining process. If you can not find this type of almond flour you can use regular almond flour or blanched ground almonds but your dough might be slightly softer and more difficult to work with. You can add an extra 1/4 cup of almond flour/ground almonds to the recipe, to give stability to the dough.
The dough can be really hot and slightly sticky. To make the dough easier to work with, let the dough rest for a few minutes before kneading it. This allows the cheese to cool down a little and harden a wee bit, resulting in a nice smooth dough that’s not too sticky or too hot.
The dough will stick to your rolling pin if you try to roll it out just like that. It’s best to roll it out between two pieces of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and a piece of parchment paper. This prevents it from sticking to your rolling pin and messing up your work surface.
if you don’t have fresh garlic you can use garlic powder instead.
HOW TO MAKE KETO GARLIC BREAD
CHEESY KETO GARLIC BREAD
- 2 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp garlic and gerb cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup extra fine almond flour
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- 1-2 cloves minced garlic
- 1 tbsp finley chopped parsley
- Pre heat oven at 180°c.
- Line a baking sheet with baking paper.
- In a bowl melt mozzarella and cream cheese in the microwave.
- Add egg, baking powder and almond flour.
- Use a fork or spoon to mix everything together.
- Wait a few minutes so the cheese can cool down and firm up a bit before you knead the dough.
- Knead until you have a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper, to prevent it from sticking to your rolling pin.
- You can do any shape you want.
- I love a good sheet pizza but my family prefers traditional round shaped pizza.
- Us a fork to poke some holes into your dough, so that it can cook evenly without bubbling up.
- I would pre bake the dough for about 10-15 minutes, before adding the cheese, this will prevent the garlic bread from turning soggy.
- Top the garlic bread with cheese.
- Mix the melted butter with garlic, then drizzle the garlic butter all over your garlic bread.
- Place the cheesy garlic bread back into the oven and bake till cheese melts, this will take approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Sprinkle some chopped parsley before serving.
I always try to provide the correct nutritional information for each of my recipes. Please note that the nutritional value may vary for you, depending on the use of different brands and ingredients. Please calculate the nutritional value with the ingredients you use at home, to archive accurate nutritional information.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and purchase a product, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. I only promote trusted products that I have tested and love myself. Thank you for supporting Vegetarian Keto Kitchen, your support means a lot to me.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you. You can also find me on Instagram and tag me, so I can see your creation.
★LET’S STAY IN TOUCH on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for more great food and join my NEWSLETTER for the latest updates.★