SUGAR FREE GOLDEN MILK CAKE
We probably all know by now of the many health benefits of Turmeric. There is a good chance that you have heard of golden milk or turmeric latte.
A warming drink, either made from cows or plant milk. Simmered with a blend of turmeric, cardamom, cinnamon and black pepper, then sweetened to taste. I have a recipe for sugar free and keto friendly golden milk right here.
Originally it’s a recipe from India and it goes by the name haldi ka doodh (milk with turmeric) it will be served when your coming down with a cold or are otherwise feeling under the weather.
TIPS ON MAKING SUGAR FREE GOLDEN MILK CAKE
If you want to substitute almond flour for coconut flour you need to use less then 1 cup, as coconut flour absorbs a lot more moisture then almond flour. You could try about 1/4 cup of coconut flour and see how the consistency of the cake batter looks like. Add more if needed.
If you do not want to use unsweetened almond or coconut milk you can use other plant milk instead. Please remember that oat or rice milk contains more carbohydrates. You can also use heavy cream or cows milk.
HOW TO MAKE SUGAR FREE GOLDEN MILK CAKE
GOLDEN MILK CAKE – SUGAR FREE AND KETO
- Pre heat your oven at 180°c.
- Melt butter, add milk, spices eggs and sweetener, combine well.
- Add baking powder and almond flour, mix till properly combined.
- Grease a bund cake tin and add your cake batter.
- Bake for about 45 -50 minutes.
- Once baked, remove from oven and allow to cool. Do the pick test, to see if your cake of fully cooked.
- Remove from cake tin and dust with powdered erythritol or serve just like that. Store airtight.