KETO GOBI TIKKI/ VEGETARIAN KETO CAULIFLOWER FRITTERS
Are you craving ALOO TIKKI? But you don’t want to spike your blood sugar and ruin your ketosis? Then these Fritters made from Cauliflower instead of Potato will curb your Tikki cravings.
Gobi Tikki are spicy Cauliflower fritters, that are perfect for dipping in sugarfree ketchup and keto friendly chutneys. Originally they are from India and widely available as street food. They can be served as an appetiser, snack or side dish but they also work wonderfully in Tikki Chaat or as veggie patties for burgers.
TIPS ON MAKING KETO GOBI TIKKI
The cauliflower needs to be grated as fine as possible, to grate the Cauliflower you can use a hand grater or food processor. You can NOT use cauliflower rice to make Gobi Tikki as the rice would be too coarse and the Tikki wouldn’t hold together.
I tried making cauliflower fritter with egg but I found that the mixture was too wet and fritters would not keep their shape when I fried them. That,s why I use psyllium husk and Paneer to bind the ingredients together.
If you want to make vegan friendly Cauliflower Fritters, simply replace the Paneer cheese with Tofu. Depending on the brand of Tofu you are using, you might have to add a little more psyillum husk to bind everything together.
STEP BY STEP
STEP 1. GRATE CAULIFLOWER AND PANEER CHEESE
STEP 2. CHOP CORIANDER, ONION AND GREEN CHILLI
STEP 3. COMBINE CAULIFLOWER/ PANEER MIXTURE WITH ALL OTHER INGREDIENTS
STEP 4. FORM SMALL FRITTERS
STEP 5. FRY FRITTERS IN GHEE OR OIL TILL CRISP AND GOLDEN. SERVE HOT WITH GREEN CHUTNEY AND SUGAR FREE KETCHUP
HOW TO MAKE KETO GOBI TIKKI
- Grate your cauliflower, then squeeze out excess water.
- Grate the paneer and add to the cauliflower.
- Add green chillies, ginger psyillum husk, garam masala, garlic and turmeric.
- Now you have two options: You either add the raw onions and cumin to the cauliflower or you fry the onions first.Heat some butter in a pan add cumin, then onions, sprinkle some salt and fry till soft.Then add to the cauliflower.
I like to use the second option because the fried cumin and onion give of a nice flavour.
- Next we mix everything really well and then form small patties.
- Heat some oil or ghee in a pan then fry on both sides till golden.
Serve with sugarfree ketchup and green chutney.