VEGAN KETO CHOCOLATE ALMOND BUTTER FATBOMBS
Sometimes only chocolate will do, am I right?
Almonds and chocolate are a match made in heaven and these fat bombs are just the perfect marriage of chocolate and almond butter. And even better, they are completely vegan, sweetener free, super simple and utterly delicious.
Eating enough fat on a vegetarian high fat-low carb/ keto diet can be challenging. Especially if you are just starting out, your need for fat can be slightly higher and you are not going to get all that important fat from vegetables and fruit.
Luckily these delicious little fat bombs are great to satisfy your sweet tooth and deliver high quality fat, that will keep you full and satisfied.
When I changed my diet to the keto diet, I ate lot of fat bombs to up my fat intake. They kept me satisfied and ease the side effects of switching from high carb diet to a high fat diet.
I still like to enjoy a fat bomb or two every now and then and this is one of my favourite recipes.
TIPS ON MAKING CHOCOLATE ALMOND BUTTER FATBOMBS
Choose an unsweetened almond butter. Check the labels and try find an almond butter with the least carbs count possible like this one. You can substituted almond butter with any other kind of nut or seed butter of your choice.
I use 90% dark chocolate from Lindt to make these fat bombs, if you prefer a sweeter taste you could use this or that one. You can use a chocolate with up to 85% cocoa, but please remember that the carb count will go up as well, if you are choosing to use a chocolate with more sugar in it.
You can add chopped, roasted nuts into the chocolate mixture and decorate the fatbombs with any kind of roasted nuts you like.
The fatbombs are best stored in an air tight container in the fridge. In colder countries they hold up fine at room temperature.
You don’t need to use a cake pop mould to make these fatbombs. You can use any other smallish silicone or plastic mould or you could just fill the mixture into a with parchment paper lined container, wait till the fatbomb has set and then cut it up into little fatbombs.
STEP BY STEP
STEP 1. USE A DOUBLE BOILER TO MELT CHOCOLATE WITH ALMOND BUTTER
STEP 2. FILL THE CHOCOLATE MIXTURE INTO SILICONE MOLDS, ADD CHOPPED NUTS ON TOP AND LEAVE THE FAT BOMBS TO SET IN THE FRIDGE
HOW TO MAKE VEGAN KETO CHOCOLATE ALMOND BUTTER FATBOMBS
CHOCOLATE ALMOND BUTTER FATBOMBS
- Measure chocolate and almond butter
- Add them to a double boiler and melt both together
- In the mean time measure the flaked almonds and toast them for a few minutes in a non stick pan or in the oven
- Fill the melted chocolate/ almond butter mixture into a silicone mold
- Decorate each fatbomb with toasted nuts and leave to cool and set in the fridge
- Once the fatbombs have set, remove them from the molds and store airtight
NET CARBS are the carbohydrates that are absorbed by the body. To calculate the NET CARBS in the UK and most of Europe subtract the sugar alcohols from the total carbs count. In the US and a other states subtract the fiber and sugar alcohols from the total carbs count.
Chocolate Almond Butter Fat Bombs- Vegan and Keto
- 1 tbsp flaked almonds toasted
- Melt chocolate and almond butter in a double boiler.
- Fill in silicone moulds. I used a silicone cake pop mould but any ice cube or chocolate mould will do.
- Crumble up the flaked almonds and top the fat bombs with a few crumbles of flaked almonds. you can use any other nut for decoration. I used a few walnuts but I could imagine cocoa nibs would be great too.
- Chill in the freezer for at least 2 hours.
- Store air tight, depending on where you live they may not be solid at room temperature and need to stay in the fridge.
I always try to provide the correct nutritional information for each of my recipes. Please note that the nutritional value may vary for you, depending on the use of different brands and ingredients. Please calculate the nutritional value with the ingredients you use at home, to archive accurate nutritional information.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and purchase a product, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. I only promote trusted products that I have tested and love myself. Thank you for supporting Vegetarian Keto Kitchen, your support means a lot to me.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you. You can also can find me on Instagram and tag me, so I can see your creation.
★LET’S STAY IN TOUCH on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for more great food and join my NEWSLETTER for the latest updates.★