VEGETARIAN KETO BREAKFAST PIZZA/ FATHEAD DOUGH PIZZA WITH SPINACH AND EGGS
I love pizza, even for breakfast. Adding spinach, eggs and mushrooms makes this pizza a wholesome meal to break your fast.
I’ve written a few fat head dough recipe posts. You can check them out for tips and tricks if this is your first time working with fat head dough. The dough doesn’t contain any white flour, it’s completely grain and gluten free. It also does not need yeast or proving time at all. It’s super quick!
I like to roll out the dough thin and then bake it till crisp, before adding my toppings. Otherwise you might end up with a soggy bottom.
TIPS ON MAKING FATHEAD DOUGH BREAKFAST PIZZA
For fat head dough, I like to grate my own mozzarella, to reduce the carb count of the recipe, as aLeady grated mozzarella is covered in starch to prevent it from sticking together. I mostly use a block of 250g mozzarella and grate it by hand. You can grate larger amounts of mozzarella at once, measure 250g portions and freeze the cheese in freezer bags.
I use organic extra fine almond flour for this recipe. This flour is a lot finer then regular almond flour, it also is defatted. That means some of the almond oil has been removed in the refining process. If you can not find this type of almond flour you can use regular almond flour or blanched ground almonds but your dough might be slightly softer and more difficult to work with. You can add an extra 1/4 cup of almond flour/ground almonds to the recipe, to give stability to the dough.
The dough can be really hot and slightly sticky. To make the dough easier to work with, let the dough rest for a few minutes before kneading it. This allows the cheese to cool down a little and harden a wee bit, resulting in a nice smooth dough that’s not too sticky or too hot.
The dough will stick to your rolling pin if you try roll it out just like that. It’s best to roll it our between two pieces of parchment paper or a silicone baking mat and a piece of parchment paper. This prevents it from sticking to your rolling pin and messing up your work surface.
You can use fresh cooked spinach or defrosted spinach, the same applies for the mushrooms.
I added two medium sized eggs on top of the pizza but you can add more if you like.
HOW TO MAKE VEGETARIAN KETO BREAKFAST PIZZA
VEGETARIAN KETO BREAKFAST PIZZA
- 2 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella
- 1 tbsp cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 cup extra fine almond flour.
- 2 tbsp Low carb tomato sauce
- ½ cup grated mozzarella or cheddar
- ½ cup cooked and seasoned to tasted spinach
- ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 2-4 eggs
- Pre heat oven at 180°c.
- Melt mozzarella and cream cheese in the microwave.
- Add egg, baking powder and almond flour.
- Use a fork or spoon to mix everything together.
- Wait a few minutes so the cheese can cool down and firm up a bit before you knead the dough.
- Knead until you have a smooth dough.
- Roll out the dough between two sheets of baking paper, to prevent it from sticking to your rolling pin.
- Us a fork to poke some holes into your dough, so that it can cook evenly without bubbling up.
- Bake the dough for about 10-15 minutes, before adding any toppings. This will prevent a soggy pizza.
- For a delicious breakfast pizza spread the tomato sauce on your crust.
- Sprinkle some grated cheese on your pizza.
- Add cooked and seasoned spinach, sliced mushrooms.
- Crack 2-4 small eggs on top of your pizza.
- Once you have added the toppings, place the pizza back into the oven and bake, till cheese melts and the eggs have cooked.
4 g net carbs,
12 g total carbs,
3 g sugar,
8 g fiber,
46 g protein,
253.7 mg cholesterol
I always try to provide the correct nutritional information for each of my recipes. Please note that the nutritional value may vary for you, depending on the use of different brands and ingredients. Please calculate the nutritional value with the ingredients you use at home, to archive accurate nutritional information.
This post contains affiliate links. If you click on one of these links and purchase a product, I may earn a small commission, at no extra cost to you. I only promote trusted products that I have tested and love myself. Thank you for supporting Vegetarian Keto Kitchen, your support means a lot to me.
Did you enjoy this recipe? Please let me know in the comments below, I would love to hear from you. You can also find me on Instagram and tag me, so I can see your creation.
★LET’S STAY IN TOUCH on FACEBOOK, PINTEREST and INSTAGRAM for more great food and join my NEWSLETTER for the latest updates.★